¿Español? Haga Clic en "Translate" se encuentra arriba en esta pagina!
Dear Wizard Families!
Thank you so much to all families who attended our first Coffee with the Principal Event of the 23-24 school year. It was wonderful to meet or reconnect with you, and I'm excited about our opportunities to collaborate this school year. As a reminder, Coffee with the Principal will be held two more times this school year--one in the middle of the school year, and another at the end. Here are reminders about the other opportunities to connect and engage this school year:
Group Engagement Opportunities (Families + Campus)
- Wizard Family Association Meetings one time each month (Wednesdays, one in the morning, one in the evening)
- Family Advisory Council Meetings one time each month (Wednesdays)
- Coffee with the Principal (Wednesdays, two more times this school year!)
- Campus Needs Assessment (one time each year, scheduled in the fall)
- Campus Engagement Nights: Open House, Grade Level Family Events, Volunteer Opportunities for Student Events, Family Education Events
Group Planning and Collaboration(Families)
- Wizard Family Association Meetings are also a space where families can collaborate to decide what programming and initiatives they want to own and execute as families here on campus
Group Communication is shared in the following ways:
- School Messenger: calls, emails, texts (information is shared to the email you registered on Skyward).
- Skyward: Sky alerts sent to your email and phone about grades, attendance, or forms/documents
- Social Media: Quick updates on Instagram and Facebook
- Family Notes: Posted weekly on our website. We will also send a link via School Messenger directly to the notes for the week
- Cardstock: a messaging platform where teachers can send you information and reminders
- WhatsApp: for members of Wizard Family Association. When you join WFA, you are added to the group to receive messaging!
Individual Communication is shared in the following ways:
- Skyward: Sky Alerts sent to your email and phone
- Cardstock: individual messages may be sent from teachers and staff
Individual Communication Requests:
- If you are seeking information, check out our website and social media platforms first. There is LOTS of information!
- If you are wanting to speak to a specific person, please try emailing them. The staff directory is on our website. Staff will respond within two business days.
- Then, please try calling the front office and leaving a detailed message with our receptionist, Ms. Torres
Individual Meeting Requests:
- All teachers are available at least once a week during their off period for a parent teacher conference. Please email them directly to request a meeting.
- Directors, Deans of Students, and Counselors have schedules that shift depending upon student need. Please email them directly to request a meeting.
- Ms. Ryans will host bi-weekly office hours on Tuesday mornings beginning in September. A sign-up link will be shared here. Our campus executive assistant, Mr. Garcia, will email you to confirm your meeting time. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org
Additionally, we kindly ask that you respond to requests for feedback through our family feedback platform, called POSSIP. POSSIP allows you to respond to specific questions about your experience with our campus, and we will also add questions to POSSIP after Family Events. We will ask you to share what is going WELL, so that we can keep doing it! We will also ask you to share WAYS WE CAN IMPROVE so that we can continue to grow. Thank you in advance for your feedback!
Wizard Family Association Meeting
Finally, our FIRST Wizard Family Association Meeting will be held next Wednesday, August 30th. We have two opportunities for you to engage:
8:45-9:45 at Southeast Secondary (Please check-in at the front office to obtain a visitor badge during school hours)
5:30-6:30 at Southeast Secondary
This meeting will focus on our campus safety and security systems. We will also provide information and updates about House Bill 114 and its impact to our student code of conduct.
We will also share information about our Family Advisory Council opportunity. We hope to see you there! Please register for the meeting by clicking on the following link: HERE
Family Association Representative
As you may have seen on YES Prep social media and on our own campus social media, the Family Association Representative application is live. Please click on the link to review the job description, expectations, and responsibilities and apply no later than August 30, 2023.
We hope to see you next week!
ASPIRE Clubs Kick off is Monday Aug 28th!!
Please ensure students report to the union by 4:10pm to check in for their after-school club and await for their staff to pick them up.
There is no late bus for students until September 12th. Please ensure timely transportation at 5:30pm. Late pick ups after 6pm will be documented and may result in a students dismissal form the program.
There is no Friday afterschool clubs.
For more information please contact Nahaira.email@example.com
Fall STAAR Tutorials: September 12th - December 6th
If your student did not meet grade level on their STAAR test assessment last year or was identified as needing additional support to prepare for this year STAAR test, you received a parent letter via email this week outlining their tutorial requirements and schedule. If you received the parent letter please ensure you are completing the registration survey linked inside the letter, also linked here for your reference. Link: STAAR Tutorial Parent Survey
If you did not have an email on file in our system your student will receive a physical copy of the letter. Please connect with me directly if you have any questions. Nahaira.Briz@yesprep.org
These mandatory Tutorials begin September 12th and all students must report to the union by the lunch lines side to check in, grab a snack and await for their tutorial teacher to pick them up.
Centralized bus stops will be available. Please note that these bus stops will not be the same as the regular school day bus. The Community Hub evening bus stops will be shared in the following weeks.
- Tuesday- Math/ Science
- Wednesday-English/ Social Studies
Next week we do not have any away games. We do have home volleyball games on FRIDAY 9/1/23 against YP North Central. Our Varsity Girls play at 5pm and our boys play at 6:15pm. Our first MS girls Volleyball home game is September 7th. Our first XC race for Varsity and Middle school is September 16th. We have a parent meeting September 6th for Varsity XC, middle school XC, and middle school volleyball.
Next Week's Practice/Game Schedule